Thursday, December 07, 2006

It's been four years and I still miss Grandma LaPreal terribly and every single day, especially at this time of the year. When emailing back and forth today with my sweet grandpa (her widower), he said the following which I thought was so sweet:

The pain of LaPreal's absence never leaves me either, but neither does the surity of living with her eternally ever leave either.

A reason I love you Jamie, is your being so much like her.

I look ahead to to your holiday visit very much .

I love you,
Grandpa
I thought his reminder of eternal life was so sweet, especially at this time of the year and that is the best compliment anyone could ever give me.   I'm far from the incredible person my grandma was, but I'll try every day to be more like her.  She was the most Christ-like person I know.

4 comments:

~j. said...

How very comforting and sweet. You've inspired me to write a post...

Haley Warner said...

That is so neat that you are the one who is handed down all those great treasures from GMA Simmons. I loved visiting her and Nephi - Thanks to sperm donor for giving you a sweet Gma!

BowlerGirl said...

That is the most touching thing that I have read in a very long time. Thank you so much for sharing.

C. Jane Kendrick said...

I'd love to see a photo of the wedding ring.

(I'd also love to hear some posts about everyone's FAVORITE grandma, and you know who I am talking about!!! Lampshade...)

PS Thanks for your cute Christmas card, Naugty and Nice indeed!