Yesterday we took Trey back to the doctor who was discouraged that his bad limp had not improved since he should have started responding to all the antiobiotics by now. So, after he had three other specialists look at the MRI and x-rays, we were in the orthopedic office getting new x-rays. This one showed what looked to be a clear fracture all the way through his tibia with infection in the surrounding tissue. "95% sure it's a break, 5% could be that 'humor' thing" said the doc. Why must they say that? All probability reasoning goes out the door as far as I'm concerned. It's like I don't even hear the "95%" part or see the big crack on the film. I just get sick to my stomach and focus on that one stupid word. This is definitley something I need to work on! Like my mom told me last night, "Faith and Fear can't work together." So the good news is Trey's leg is in a cast up to his little bum cheek. The bad news is my sweet boy has been walking around with a broken/infected leg for almost two weeks.
Despite everything, this is my sweet little boy in the hospital. Happy as always.
So happy to be home and finally able to go outside (me, too).
Wrestling with CJ makes it seem like he's back to normal.
Ice cream with CJ makes it all better, too.
And this picture was on my camera which makes me smile because this was his first trip ever to the time-out stair. It was actually the day before he went to the hospital and he was in trouble for hitting CJ (maybe he was mad his leg was broken??) but how about that FACE? He seriously sat there with that smirk for the entire minute he was on the stair. And how bad do I feel that he was even in trouble?